Monday, September 3, 2012

Eve Torres Wins First Season of Stars Earn Stripes



After four weeks of competitions, WWE Diva Eve Torres came out victorious tonight in the finale of NBC's Stars Earn Stripes.  


Torres, with partner Green Beret Grady Powell, were able to win the final mission against Actor Dean Cain and Olympic skiier Picabo Street.  Torres and Powell won the final mission with a time of 5:10, beating Cain's score of 6:37 and Street's of 5:30.  Thanks to Eve winning, the USO, Eve's chosen charity, was given $100,000.

Eve and Grady were the ideal team throughout the entire show.  The two came in first for all four missions, and Eve also won immunity for Mission two against Singer Nick Lachey.  Eve and Nick once came to blows once again for a special shootout.  The loser of the shootout would be sent home.  While it looked that Eve was going to be going home for having trouble with her gun, she got if fixed just in time to make the final two shots and beat Nick at last minute and advance to the finals.

Katie's Two Cents: I'm really glad Eve and Grady won.  They were the best team of the whole damn show and Eve was shockingly great with a 9mm gun.  Another highlight was when Eve kicked a door in half and Grady saying he's never seen a woman do that.

1 comment:

  1. I thought that Eve was amazing on Stars Earn Stripes last night. She kept her cool while her gun was malfunctioning, won the competition, and the final. Eve continues to show she is a real champion bringing home a victory in an unfamiliar type of competition. I had totally forgotten that the final was last night until a coworker from Dish called me to talk about it. I was so mad that I had missed it, but luckily my Hopper automatically recorded it as part of Primetime Anytime. I was so glad that I got to see my diva bring it home, and she looked so happy. She was also a class act paying homage to the real heroes in the military. Great Job Eve!

    ReplyDelete